Goin' Uptown Tote - Paper Pattern
Availability: In stock
This darling large tote bag pattern is exactly what you need when going uptown for a day. It’s perfect for showing off your favourite fabric, and the pieced outer panels really lend themselves to any number of fabric/pattern combinations!
The Goin’ Uptown Tote features an outer zipper pocket on both the front and back, giving you quick and easy access to frequently used items such as your mobile phone and keys.
It has a recessed zipper to close, ensuring all your goodies stay tucked safely inside the bag, and an inner zipper pocket also for added storage.
The piping added around the sides and top of the bag are definitely a favourite feature – helping any fabric you use POP and stand out. It’s the perfect bag for goin’ uptown!!!
This bag would also make a fantastic diaper/nappy bag, holding up to 8 modern cloth nappies (all-in-ones), 2 wet bags, a change mat and baby wipes!
This is a printed paper pattern that will be posted out to you. This is NOT a PDF download.
The pattern has two main options – either use the standard fit size to quickly whip up a cover for your machine or as a gift for someone else, or use the custom fit size to design a cover that fits your machine perfectly! The pattern comes with full instructions on measuring your machine and drafting the pattern pieces required for the custom fit size.
Also included in this pattern are options to include piping, add a pocket on the back of the cover to store your extension table, presser foot and/or power cord, and also create cut outs so your Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover sits nicely over your machine so you can keep it plugged in when not in use. And YES! This pattern can also be used to make covers for your overlockers/sergers as well!!
The finished size of the Goin’ Uptown Tote is as follows:
- Width at base – 15” (38cm)
- Height – 11” (28cm)
- Depth at base – 4” (10cm)
- Strap drop – 10” (25cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer and handles – 3/4yd (0.75m), Lining – 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (based on a 40” (100cm) width) – 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 17¾” x 4” (45cm x 10cm)
- Rectangular rings x4 – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Cotton cording – 5/32” (4.5mm) size/size 2, 3yds (3m) long (or 3yds/3m of premade piping)
- Coordinating dress/all purpose zippers – 1 – 7” (18cm), 2 – 6” (15cm)
- Coordinating #5 nylon open end zipper – 1 – 16” (40cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy duty needle (Universal size 12 or 14).
Orders will be shipped within 1-2 business day of payment being received.
You can calculate postage before going through checkout by entering in your postcode on the shopping cart page.
Prices for Australian customers are as follows:
Letters under 125g - $2.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $2.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 5-10 hardware items (dependent on individual weight)
Letters 125g to 250g - $3.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $3.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 10-15 hardware items (dependent on individual weight)
Letters 250g to 500g - $5.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $5.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 15-25 hardware items (dependent on individual weight)
Extra Small Satchel - $7.95 regular (5-10 working days) or $10.75 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit approx 15-25 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR up to 14 spools of Rasant Thread
Small Satchel - $10.75 regular (5-10 working days) or $13.65 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit approx 30-50 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR up to 28 spools of Rasant Thread
Medium Satchel - $13.55 regular (5-10 working days) or $16.15 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit approx 200 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR up to 80 spools of Rasant Thread
Large Satchel - $16.40 regular (5-10 working days) or $23.50 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit up to 5kg worth of hardware, interfacing, threads etc.