Totes Ma Tote - Paper Pattern
Availability: In stock
The Totes Ma Tote is... Totally Ma Tote! I love this bag. A nice large, trendy looking tote with straps attached with four shiny buckles in grommets. It's useful, and it's professional looking too.
It's not just a normal tote. Plenty of pockets! There are 3 options for pockets inside: A zipper pocket, a double slip pocket and a large pocket suitable for a small tablet, reader or just those pesky bills.
- Width at Top: 17” (43 cm)
- Width at bottom: 13” (33 cm)
- Height: 12” (30 cm)
- Depth: 4” (10 cm)
This pattern is suitable for an intermediate sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate sewer. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
Fabric and Interfacing:
- 1 yd./1 m - Exterior Fabric – for exterior panels, zipper gusset, and large internal pocket: décor cotton, twill, light canvas duck, corduroy. (If using quilting cotton, interfacing with woven interfacing, such as Shapeform 2100, is recommended)
- 5/8 yd./0.5 m - Exterior Accent Fabric – for side seam detail, bag straps: décor cotton, twill, light canvas duck, corduroy, quilting cotton. NOTE: If you are using a light fabric, such as quilting cotton, you will want to add fusible interfacing to your bag straps, as noted in cutting directions.)
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m - Lining Fabric – for pockets & lining: quilting cotton, poplin, linen, or lightweight cotton.
- 1-1/4 yd./1.25 m Interfacing – for pockets and linings: 20” (50 cm) width Interfacing (Light-Med fusible woven interfacing suitable for garments, such as Shapeform 2100) ** If you are making your exterior and straps from quilting cotton or light weight fabric, you will need 2 yds./2 m of Interfacing total.
- (2) 13.5” x 18.5” byAnnie’s Soft & Stable – for the external bag panels. Or can be substituted with fusible wadding e.g. Vilene H630 – (Your tote won’t be as thick and stiff.)
- (1) 14” x 4” Stabilizer – for the bag bottom & magnetic snap backing: Pellon Peltex Ultra Firm Stabilizer or similar **Can be fusible both sides, one side, or non-fusible.
Supplies & Bag Hardware:
- (1) 16” (40 cm) #5 nylon zipper (or a longer one cut down) NOTE: #5 zippers are 1-1/4" (3 cm) wide, closed or open end (used for main zipper gusset opening)
- (1) 8” (20 cm) #3 nylon zipper (or a longer one cut down) NOTE: #3 zippers are 1” (25 mm) wide, closed-end dress zippers (used for the internal zipper pocket)
- (12) Eyelets with setting tool – 3/16” (4 mm)
- (1) Metal Bag Label – Decorative Bag label available here (optional)
- (4) Buckles – Buckles with a double frame, center bar to fit a ¾” (18 mm) strap
- (4) Grommets - Oval or circular grommets large enough to fit a ¾” (18 mm) strap
- (6) Purse feet - Purse feet with prongs and washer attachments ½” (12 mm)
- (1) Magnetic snap – 5/8” (14 mm) slim magnetic snap
Orders will be shipped within 1-2 business day of payment being received.
You can calculate postage before going through checkout by entering in your postcode on the shopping cart page.
Prices for Australian customers are as follows:
Letters under 125g - $2.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $2.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 5-10 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR 1-2 fat quarters OR 1-2 Sewline items
Letters 125g to 250g - $3.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $3.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 10-15 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR 2-3 fat quarters OR 0.5-1m of fabric
Letters 250g to 500g - $5.20 regular (3-6 working days) or $5.70 priority (1-4 working days) NO TRACKING
This will fit approx 15-25 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR 4-6 fat quarters OR 1-2m of fabric
Small Satchel - $7.70 regular (5-10 working days) or $10.25 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit approx 15-25 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR up to 2m of fabric OR up to 14 spools of Rasant Thread
Medium Satchel - $12.50 regular (5-10 working days) or $14.70 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit approx 200 hardware items (dependent on individual weight) OR approx 12m of fabric OR up to 80 spools of Rasant Thread
Large Satchel - $15.95 regular (5-10 working days) or $22.50 express (1-3 working days) INCLUDES TRACKING
This will fit up to 5kg worth of hardware, fabric, interfacing, threads etc.